Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? (Oracle Reports 10, Windows based)
Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? [message #330853] Tue, 01 July 2008 08:39 Go to next message
gnober
Hello All!

Just a quick question, is After Reports triggers fired in Oracle Reports 10g?

I was just wondering because i can't confirm it myself. I know for a fact that all the other triggers are fired but not this one.

Can anyone provide me an idea as to how to confirm this?

Note:

I tried using
srw.MESSAGE (1, 'After Report');

And also performing DML operations (i.e, insert rows in After parameter trigger, then delete it in After Report trigger. The rows are inserted alright, just not deleted).

Curiously, this isn't a problem in Oracle Reports 2.5 because of the way it presents ouput (i.e. as a new window like a parameter).

I appreciate any help. =)
Re: Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? [message #330923 is a reply to message #330853] Tue, 01 July 2008 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, it fires; no problem about that.

/forum/fa/4550/0/

Did you, perhaps, run it in Paper Layout? See what "Usage notes" say. Run it in Web Layout and see what happens (everything works fine over here).

Re: Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? [message #330925 is a reply to message #330923] Tue, 01 July 2008 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gnober
Okay got it, just as i suspected!

I am running in Paper Layout indeed. Razz

Don't know how to run in Web Layout (my report is plain RDF). Can somebody point me to the some directions? *lost*

Thanks for the EXCELLENT response (wow, complete with screenshot)! Thanks a lot!
Re: Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? [message #330926 is a reply to message #330925] Tue, 01 July 2008 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Don't know how to run in Web Layout

Note the uppermost red marks I made on a screenshot, the one on the toolbar (New, Open, Save, Print, ..., Run Web Layout).
Re: Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? [message #330927 is a reply to message #330853] Tue, 01 July 2008 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gnober
Oopps sorry i wasnt clear:

My web server isn't properly configured for me to run in Web Layout.

I get errors whenever i click on the web run:

/forum/fa/4551/0/

I tried starting OC4J instance, and then running the web layout but i get the exact problem.

I suspect i need to tweak a setting somewhere but thats a bit hard to do since i don't know what it is exactly that needs tweaking. =)
  • Attachment: err_1.PNG
    (Size: 8.88KB, Downloaded 4006 times)
Re: Is AFTER REPORT trigger fired in Reports 10g? [message #331252 is a reply to message #330927] Wed, 02 July 2008 15:08 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Unfortunately, the error isn't very descriptive:
Oracle
REP-69: Internal error

Cause:   Reports Builder internal code error.

Action:   Contact Oracle Customer Support for assistance

I can't interpret the rest of the message as I've never seen it. Sorry.
Previous Topic: Master Detail report problem (data link)
Next Topic: How to mail the content of report?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 09:20:52 CDT 2024