Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SET_FORM_PEOPERTY
icon5.gif  SET_FORM_PEOPERTY [message #413822] Fri, 17 July 2009 14:03 Go to next message
rhl23
I am trying to set the FIRST_NAVIGATION_BLOCK property by using SET_FORM_PROPERTY in WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE TRIGGER as follows.
SET_FORM_PROPERTY ('form_module_name',FIRST_NAVIGATION_BLOCK,'Block1');
BUT it does not set as it is , instead it shows the default display as in the obj, navigator & another block- block2 becomes the first_navigation_block.
But i want to make it to BLOCK1 - how can i do it???
And I also wanted to know IF i can use CLEAR_FORM with this trigger..
Re: SET_FORM_PEOPERTY [message #413826 is a reply to message #413822] Fri, 17 July 2009 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Forms Help clearly says that this property is to be set in the PRE-FORM trigger, not in WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE.

This is your statement:
SET_FORM_PROPERTY ('form_module_name', FIRST_NAVIGATION_BLOCK, 'Block1');
Did you use literally this statement? If so, it is wrong as 'form_module_name' should be substituted with real form module name. For example, if you form name is 'employees' (saved as 'employees.fmb'), then it should be
SET_FORM_PROPERTY ('employees', FIRST_NAVIGATION_BLOCK, 'Block1');

The same goes for block name.

Quote:
And I also wanted to know IF i can use CLEAR_FORM with this trigger.
Try and you'll see. There's really no use in telling the answer as it takes just a little bit of effort to do that by yourself.
Re: SET_FORM_PEOPERTY [message #417708 is a reply to message #413826] Tue, 11 August 2009 04:05 Go to previous message
sharjeelshafqat

HI,
YOU ALSO DO SAME WORK WITH DRAG FIRST BLOCK ON THE ABOVE OF 2ND BLOCK.

OR ALSO FROM FORMS PROPERTIES.
FIRST NAVIGATION BLOCK.

THANKS
Previous Topic: Can MDI Form Fits on screen automatically with any pixel resolution
Next Topic: built-in package (dbms_xmlgen) (merged 5)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:27:18 CDT 2024