Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to kill a process (oracle form6i, windows xp)
icon4.gif  how to kill a process [message #417723] Tue, 11 August 2009 04:51 Go to next message
behrmanwu

I need run the app X as a monitor when the primary system runs. And the app X shoule be killed when the primary system closes. Now I can get the title and the window handle number of the app X(the title is defined by me;using win_api_session.findAppwindow function of the d2kwutil.pll to get the window handle number). is there any function can kill the app/process?

BTW, I use WIN_API_Shell.WinExec('ifrun60.exe XXX.fmx',win_api.SW_HIDE,false) to hide the app X when it runs. could someone know there have other function can hide the app?

Thx,
Re: how to kill a process [message #417855 is a reply to message #417723] Tue, 11 August 2009 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Turn the screen off?

David
Re: how to kill a process [message #417859 is a reply to message #417855] Tue, 11 August 2009 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
behrmanwu

djmartin wrote on Tue, 11 August 2009 19:36
Turn the screen off?

Hi David,
I donot know which screen you mean. I need to kill the app X process when the primary system quit to make sure there is nothing left in the OS. The app X will follow the every primary system and we allow the user to run more than one primary system in the computer at the sametime. So when exit the primary system, we must kill its own app immediately.
Re: how to kill a process [message #418071 is a reply to message #417859] Wed, 12 August 2009 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry about my previous comment. I was having a bad day and as I do not believe that Oracle Forms is the correct product in which to write background applications I was being unnecessarily sarcastic. Sorry.

On how to kill a session in Oracle Database, search this forum for 'kill session'. How to kill a session in MS Windows, search an MS Windows site.

If you have a Form A which starts another completely separate Forms session running Forms B consider using the 'Open_form' command instead. Review the 'close_form' command in the reference manual and online help. Use the 'find_form' command to find the other form.

David
Re: how to kill a process [message #418094 is a reply to message #418071] Wed, 12 August 2009 22:49 Go to previous message
behrmanwu

After I search, I got the method to kill the process, the windows command 'taskkill'. Using this command to kill the specific windowtitle process.

Thank you, David!
Previous Topic: importing data from excel sheet to multi record block in a form
Next Topic: Menu Roles to restrict Modules.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:38:02 CDT 2024