Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SEARCH FORM WITH DYNAMICALLY OPERATORS FUNCTIONS (WINDOWS)
SEARCH FORM WITH DYNAMICALLY OPERATORS FUNCTIONS [message #417919] Wed, 12 August 2009 02:02 Go to next message
sharjeelshafqat

hi,
I am working on forms 10g.
I am creating a search form.
desription of search form is
attached in attachment

i want to perform a query which also get the operator value dynamically from the list.(LIST FIELD NAME IS :MAIN.EMPNO_OP)

i want to use that value in this query

SELECT EMPNO,ENAME,JOB,MGR,HIREDATE,SAL,COMM,DEPTNO FROM EMP_REG WHERE (EMPNO = :MAIN.EMPNO OR :MAIN.EMPNO IS NULL)

SELECT EMPNO,ENAME,JOB,MGR,HIREDATE,SAL,COMM,DEPTNO
FROM
EMP_REG
WHERE (EMPNO||chr(10)||:MAIN.EMPNO_OP||CHR(10)||:MAIN.EMPNO OR :MAIN.EMPNO IS NULL)

• Attachment: search.JPG
    (Size: 55.58KB, Downloaded 630 times)
Re: SEARCH FORM WITH DYNAMICALLY OPERATORS FUNCTIONS [message #417934 is a reply to message #417919] Wed, 12 August 2009 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tapaskmanna
Please help us by following the Posting Guidelines as stated below.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Go to the URL above click the link "Posting Guidelines"
Go to the section labeled "Practice" & do as directed.
Re: SEARCH FORM WITH DYNAMICALLY OPERATORS FUNCTIONS [message #418072 is a reply to message #417919] Wed, 12 August 2009 20:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Your request is standard behaviour for Oracle Forms.

I suggest you do one of the demonstration forms to see how a form is built. Search this forum for 'tutorial'.

Define a control block on which you place the first three fields and their operators, then create a block based on the table 'emp_reg', and under the button (which lives on the control block) you have a 'When-Button-Pressed' trigger which takes the information entered and places it in the 'deafult_where' on the second block. You then do a 'go_block' and an 'execute_query' to display the records requested.

David
Previous Topic: shortcuts of Tree Nodes?
Next Topic: importing data from excel sheet to multi record block in a form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:42:04 CDT 2024