Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to transfer records from one datablock to another datablock with in the form
How to transfer records from one datablock to another datablock with in the form [message #418165] Thu, 13 August 2009 04:15 Go to next message
nanumadhusudhan@gmail.com
Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem during forms development.

please find the requirement.

Employee detail form contain 3 blocks

1. master block that is Selection Block.

2. Detailed Block that is Unselected Block.

3. Detailed Block that is Selected Block.

Here the steps of Functionality

1 The Selection Block contain List Iteam,Radio Button & TextBOX
based on the selection Non Input Item .

when you click on the Apply button number of record to be displayed in the Text Box,and selected record to be displyed in the unselected data Block , from the unselected data block when you click the select button current record to be displayed in the
Selected Data block vice vers

from the selected data block when you click the
unselect & unselect All button current record to be displayed in the unselected data block......

this is my requirement please find the attached scree shot of the Forms

Thanx

Madhu

Re: How to transfer records from one datablock to another datablock with in the form [message #418289 is a reply to message #418165] Thu, 13 August 2009 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I do not like this form.

The first block is a control block. Use the various 'deptno', locations, and department name or patterns in specifying the 'default_where' via 'set_block_property'. The sort is done by the same command using the 'order_by' facility.

The other block uses the same 'order_by' and 'default_where' except that the 'default_where' would use something like 'select not exists (' || where_clause ||')'

You will have to work on thissecond statement to get the syntax correct.

When an employee is 'selected' you would update that record to use the 'dept_no' and 'location' in the control block, commit the changes and then do an 'execute_query' on the two blocks to repopulate them.

You will have to decide what to place in 'dept_no' and 'location' when you 'unselect' an employee. You would again commit the changes and then do an 'execute_query' on the two blocks to repopulate them.

David
Re: How to transfer records from one datablock to another datablock with in the form [message #418303 is a reply to message #418289] Fri, 14 August 2009 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still i am not clear can u please explain little bit clear,

This forms deals with only retrieve of data no update & insert.

In the control block (Selection)

1. Dept_no list item filled with values from Dept Table column Dept_No.

2. Here 2 Location List Item filled with values from Dept Table column Location.

3. Dept_Name list item filled with values from Dept Table column Dept_name.

I have completed code till Control Block selection, and also when i click Apply Button based on the selection condition records are displaying in Unselected Block that is 2nd Block.

My blocking point is in 2nd Block (Unselected block) here,
when i click the select button,

In the 2nd Block unselected block,selected record to be display

In 3rd block that is Selected Block,same as when u click unselect
button ,selected record to be display in 2nd block unselected .

vice vera for Select all & unselect all button also.......

Let me know still my explienation is clear or not i can attach the from description Document........

Please help me out from this blocking issue ........its urgent for me

Thankx

Re: How to transfer records from one datablock to another datablock with in the form [message #418306 is a reply to message #418303] Fri, 14 August 2009 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What's the point of 'selecting' or 'unselecting' if you aren't updating their record?

David

Upd: I can only assume that this is a student project. Talk to someone from the previous class and get them to tell you what the academic expected.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 August 2009 00:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to transfer records from one datablock to another datablock with in the form [message #418404 is a reply to message #418306] Fri, 14 August 2009 14:35 Go to previous message
Select & unselect

Is a Button used in the 2nd Block & 3rd Block

2nd Block Name is UnSelected Data block name dos'nt matter 2nd block contain Select & Select All button when u click on the button Select selected record should display on the 3rd block.

3rd Block name is Selected(block name)this block also contain 2 button unselect & unselect here also same has above when u click unselect record should be displayed on the 2nd block that unselected block.

i assume above explanation is clear if not please let me know........
Previous Topic: Issue in creating control Items at Run time.
Next Topic: Unknown Forms failure in create_obj in CLIENT_OLE2 when communicating with COM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:25:20 CDT 2024