Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Lost connection to database from application (Oracle forms 6i, database 10g, Windows XP)
Lost connection to database from application [message #425902] Tue, 13 October 2009 00:21 Go to next message
sinida1984
Hi

When we are in application, if the system is in idle for sometime the connection will be lost by killing the session. At this time there will be some errors even when we close the application like 12571--TNS packet error,1041--Internal error.hostdef,3113--end of communication channel and 3114--not connected to Oracle etc. Do we have any option to close the application when this error occurs without hanging, or to reconnect at that time when user presses anywhere in the application with the previous user name and password which was logged in before. Expecting your reply

Thanks and regards

Sinida
Re: Lost connection to database from application [message #427079 is a reply to message #425902] Wed, 21 October 2009 00:25 Go to previous message
sinida1984
Hi

The problem is solved. In pre-form trigger of form i took the current user,password and connect string into parameters. And in on-error trigger if those error codes came, i again reconnected using logout and logon.

Thanks and regards
sinida
Previous Topic: How to enable update of an item within disabled block (disabled for update)
Next Topic: How to show a word document stored in a BLOB column? (through forms 6i)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:32:05 CDT 2024