Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Next record (Forms 6i)
Next record [message #452476] Thu, 22 April 2010 05:30 Go to next message
namb
Dear All,

I have a form in which the fields are not database items i want to display the next record, i know i can use the next_record for the same but it does not work since it is not the database item, is there any way when the item is not the database item and i can see the next record. I use the cursor for loop but since it fecthes all the records in one go it cannot display one record at the time in the form..

Many thanks in advance
Re: Next record [message #452479 is a reply to message #452476] Thu, 22 April 2010 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I wouldn't use a cursor for loop to populate a block personally. Make it a database block and base it on a view.
Re: Next record [message #452677 is a reply to message #452476] Fri, 23 April 2010 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
namb
Any body plzz
Re: Next record [message #452685 is a reply to message #452476] Fri, 23 April 2010 06:27 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Honestly, I don't understand what you are asking.

Unless I'm wrong, NEXT_RECORD doesn't care about whether it is a block based on a table or a control block. Though, as it is a restricted procedure, it can't be used anywhere you'd want it to. What trigger contains NEXT_RECORD?

What does "display one record at a time" mean? If that block displays only one record, you'll see one record at a time. If you'd like FOR loop to display record by record, put an alert in there which will force users to click when they are ready to see the next record.

Finally, what problem are you trying to solve?
Previous Topic: Delete detail block single record
Next Topic: Error while creating record group
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 18:49:52 CDT 2024