Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Use Excel Formulas in oracle forms, report and oracle
Use Excel Formulas in oracle forms, report and oracle [message #466997] Wed, 21 July 2010 23:43 Go to next message
Farrukh_Shaikh
Dear All
Assalam-o-Alikum

i want to ask that is there any way to use the excel formulas on oracle forms, reports and database level. if any body know then please share this. for example if we want to use IRR formula of excel to use in oracle forms, database and report.

Thanks.
Re: Use Excel Formulas in oracle forms, report and oracle [message #467007 is a reply to message #466997] Thu, 22 July 2010 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, database has its own set of functions and procedures. It means that, if you'd want to use an IRR formula (whatever it is), you'd have to create it (i.e. write a program) in an Oracle database. As a stored function, it can be available (by granting required privileges) to any client that operates with a database (SQL*Plus, Forms, Reports, ...).
Re: Use Excel Formulas in oracle forms, report and oracle [message #467057 is a reply to message #467007] Thu, 22 July 2010 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
From OpenOffice
IRR
Calculates the internal rate of return for an investment. The values represent cash flow values at regular intervals, at least one value must be negative (payments), and at least one value must be positive (income).
Syntax
IRR(Values; Guess)
Values represents an array containing the values.
Guess (optional) is the estimated value. An iterative method is used to calculate the internal rate of return. If you can provide only few values, you should provide an initial guess to enable the iteration.
Example
Under the assumption that cell contents are A1=-10000, A2=3500, A3=7600 and A4=1000, the formula =IRR(A1:A4) gives a result of 80.24%.
If you really want to use Excel then you will have to populate cells and then retrieve the answer.

Search this forum for 'Excel', there are plenty of threads. Just remember, your client may not have Excel on their PC.

David
Re: Use Excel Formulas in oracle forms, report and oracle [message #467058 is a reply to message #467057] Thu, 22 July 2010 02:59 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
It doesn't give 80.24%, it gives 11.33% on my PC.

David
Previous Topic: utl packages
Next Topic: Geting Remote client ip or last proxy that sent the request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:29:06 CDT 2024