Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar (Oracle Form Builder 10g)
Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar [message #520276] Sat, 20 August 2011 02:53 Go to next message
tprsan
Hi developers,

I am new to oracle apps..
i need to create a form with 15 col and 10 records in tabular format to display records from the table....i done it with vertical scroll bar ..bt.i need both horizontal and vertical scroll bar for that tabular ....how can i do....could u plz. help..if u have any file please attach it to......awaiting for rply....

thnks in advance
Re: Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar [message #521471 is a reply to message #520276] Tue, 30 August 2011 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
When I need a horizontal scrollbar, this is how I do that: I put 2 columns onto a content canvas. Then, create a stacked canvas whose size is large enough to fit the remaining space on the content canvas. Put 13 columns (left out of those 15 we started with) onto a stacked canvas. Align everything in order to make the form pretty.

The whole output means that 2 columns will be "fixed", while the rest will be viewed by pulling the scrollbar right/left. Of course, if you feel that less (or more columns) should be placed on a content canvas, no problem. Just make sure to have the stacked canvas large enough so that at least "something" will be visible in it.
Re: Horizontal and Vertical Scroll Bar [message #521477 is a reply to message #521471] Tue, 30 August 2011 04:36 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
Another, similar, approach is to use a tab canvas on a content canvas. Again put a couple of columns on the left of the content canvas, then put the tab canvas to the right of them. Put the remaining items on the tab canvas using as many tab pages as appropriate. If you can group the items into logical sets so each set has it's own tab page, even better. Then you'd skip between the tab pages to see all the items rather than using a horizontal scroll bar.
Previous Topic: Key next item
Next Topic: Is possible to insert unchecked records after first insertion in multi record block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:20:05 CDT 2024