Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » removing/changing the form on the server doesnt effect anything (Oracle Form Builder 10g, Win XP)
removing/changing the form on the server doesnt effect anything [message #522978] Thu, 15 September 2011 00:18 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
Actually, i found that some forms if they are changed (like some buttons/text fields/code added to them) and this change can be saved and there is no errors in compilation. but when this form is run from the application, the change is not visible.

Even if the form with the image is removed from the directory, it still runs from the application link. Is there some memory issue or anything else.
Re: removing/changing the form on the server doesnt effect anything [message #522996 is a reply to message #522978] Thu, 15 September 2011 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new_oracle2011
Thanks God. I have found the error and the problem is solved Smile

TIP: always saved the form with the name which is the actual name of the form (the name which is visible in Object Navigator screen). Dont make your and others (developers/programmers) life difficult if you have a huge forms directory. Have a nice day!
Re: removing/changing the form on the server doesnt effect anything [message #522997 is a reply to message #522996] Thu, 15 September 2011 01:55 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Are you saying that form name (visible in Object Navigator) is (for example) EMPLOYEES, but people save it as MY_FANCY_EMPLOYEES_FORM.FMB (FMX). Application server expects EMPLOYEES.FMX, but - instead of its new version, finds only the old one as the new version was copied as MY_FANCY_EMPLOYEES_FORM.FMX instead?

If so, why do you (your developers, whoever) do that?
Previous Topic: Forms 6i and 10g
Next Topic: Make calendar in oracle form 10g.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:04:47 CDT 2024