Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raise unhandled exception ORA-01422 (ORACLE FORMS, 10G, WINDOWS 2003)
WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raise unhandled exception ORA-01422 [message #523136] Thu, 15 September 2011 14:04 Go to next message
nik.gujeran
Hello Gurus,

I have a small issue that I am not able to figure out.. I have a form (StaffDetail) with three different blcoks. One of them is an Application Assignment block which consists of nothing but Assignment Type, Staff (Name), Last Updated By and Last Updated Date.. The Assignment Type and Staff has LOVs assigned to them individually.. Assignment type lets me pick all different types except for Project Manager. As soon as I select this option, i get the following error :

FRM-40735: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception...
This does not even let me select any other Assignment type, then i have to go close all sessions and come back into the same screen. I am stuck with this screen and cannot solve this issue.. Please help me.

Also, this form was first created and tested on the development environment and later moved to QA environment. All selections work in the development environment.. I checked for the roles in QA for individual Users.. This is not a roles issue..

Could you please help me..

thanks
Re: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raise unhandled exception ORA-01422 [message #523155 is a reply to message #523136] Thu, 15 September 2011 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division

Well, what is the code on the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger?

SQL> !oerr ora 1422
01422, 00000, "exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows"
// *Cause: The number specified in exact fetch is less than the rows returned.
// *Action: Rewrite the query or change number of rows requested

Re: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raise unhandled exception ORA-01422 [message #523169 is a reply to message #523136] Thu, 15 September 2011 18:36 Go to previous message
nik.gujeran
Hello Joy_division,

Got it to work, Found out that the item selected on the form was calling multiple rows. Made changes to the select statement in the When-Validate-Item and it works like a champ.

thank you for your help..

best regards
Previous Topic: Make calendar in oracle form 10g.
Next Topic: Vertical scrollbar not showing all the records when I scroll down.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:02:23 CDT 2024