Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle (9i,10g )
Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #524964] Wed, 28 September 2011 02:03 Go to next message
glmjoy
My question is that can i want to make setup or installer in Oracle to deploy in clients machine like other tools did.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #524965 is a reply to message #524964] Wed, 28 September 2011 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roachcoach
You can create a series of DB creation scripts from the DBCA (or by hand).

Is that what you mean?
Re: Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #524971 is a reply to message #524964] Wed, 28 September 2011 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=oracle+silent+install&oq=oracle+silen&aq=0&aqi=g8g-ms1g-m1&aql =&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1031l12578l0l14329l26l18l3l0l0l2l1125l7047l2-5.0.2.5.1.1l14l0

Regards
Michel
Re: Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #525111 is a reply to message #524971] Thu, 29 September 2011 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glmjoy
You are taking about Silient nstallation. I want to say that i have e.g 30 runtime forms with menu these forms are made for demo and there are checks in runtime forms of expiry after
1 month. I want to installed these all things to install on client machine so client can view the demo.
Client has no Oracle database or forms runtime installed on client.Now I want to make a setup.exe or installer.exe like other tools e.g Dot.net,VB or other makes packages. I hope this is cleared now.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #525114 is a reply to message #525111] Thu, 29 September 2011 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This has nothing to do with SERVER administration (where you posted).
I move this topîc to Forms forum.

Regards
Michel
Re: Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #525128 is a reply to message #525114] Thu, 29 September 2011 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I might be wrong, but here are my thoughts.

Versions you specified are 9i and 10g. What are these? Database? Forms?

Forms need to connect to a database. Clients don't have any, so you'll have to install the database. Which one? You could try to silently install it, but there are some prerequisites and your clients' computers might have certain problems with that. For example, unsupported combination of their operating system and Oracle database you'd want to install (such as any MS Windows Home edition + any Oracle). A database you could use is 10g Express Edition (which is rather small, when compared to its "big brother" database versions). That would be easier part.

Forms versions 9i onwards are web based and run in web browsers. There's no "client-server" version, so you can forget about an easy client installation, desktop shortcut and double-click which would run your application. You need an application server (Forms services) which is not easy to install and set up, and I don't think that you could do that silently.
Or, you could install Developer Suite so that clients would run OC4J instance and run forms that way.

Maybe you should set the whole thing up on your own server and let clients access it on the Internet. Though, I suppose that you'd have some licensing issues here that should be discussed with Oracle.

On the other hand, I might be very wrong and someone, who knows better, will be able to guide you. Hopefully, they'll let you know.
Re: Can I make setup or Installer in Oracle [message #525140 is a reply to message #525128] Thu, 29 September 2011 08:42 Go to previous message
Baranor
Well, the last alternative is to prepare everything on a virtual machine and to deploy that... licensing will apply again though...
Previous Topic: host problem in forms 10g at the time of form run on web web application
Next Topic: FRM-40202 Field must be entered dialogue not closing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:01:45 CDT 2024