Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to choose the tab in focus? (Oracle Forms 6i, Windows 7 64x (With Windows XP Virtual Machine))
How to choose the tab in focus? [message #526013] Fri, 07 October 2011 11:45 Go to next message
oraclefan2011
Greetings,

Before I get to my question, this is my first post, so I figured I should leave a quick note.. Smile I look forward to interacting with this community, their are a lot of smart developers here. I know I have a lot to learn, therefore this will be a great learning experience.

I have created a form in Oracle Forms 6i that utilizes a tabbed interface. Each section of the form has different modules to create a quote on the end page. As far as the logic goes, I have it complete. However, I would like to choose the tab that is in focus, and I can't find a place to change this in the property panel. What am I missing? I don't want it to focus on the last tab which is the totals page, when it should focus on the first page where you enter the data.

Thanks in advanced, this forum has already proved as a great resource in learning Oracle Forms 6i.

Kind Regards,
Oraclefan2011
Re: How to choose the tab in focus? [message #526020 is a reply to message #526013] Fri, 07 October 2011 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Welcome to the forum.

Please read OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read.
Also always post your Oracle version, with 4 decimals.

And to get an appropriate answer in the fastest way, carefully choose the forum in which you post, in this case "Forms" one seems to be more appropriate than SQL & PL/SQL.

Regards
Michel

Re: How to choose the tab in focus? [message #526027 is a reply to message #526020] Fri, 07 October 2011 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraclefan2011
Michel,

Thanks for the welcome. Regarding posting in the wrong section, my bad. I will check that before I post. You wouldn't happen to know how to solve the issue I'm having with the tabs?

Kind Regards,
Oraclefan2011

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2011 12:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to choose the tab in focus? [message #526031 is a reply to message #526027] Fri, 07 October 2011 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I don't know anything of Forms but now it is in the correct forum so you will get an answer from someone who knows.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2011 12:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to choose the tab in focus? [message #526041 is a reply to message #526031] Fri, 07 October 2011 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Well, if those tabs are already sorted (in Object Navigator) but the focus is still not on the first tab, the simplest way would be to run GO_ITEM('item_on_the_first_tab'). Can't tell exactly where you should put it, but I guess it should be called after all job you do is done. Note that GO_ITEM is a restricted built-in procedure, so it can't be used in all triggers.
Re: How to choose the tab in focus? [message #526065 is a reply to message #526041] Fri, 07 October 2011 16:20 Go to previous message
oraclefan2011
Littlefoot,

This worked perfectly, thank you for the fast response. It now navigates directly to the tab I wanted.

Kind Regards,
Oraclefan2011
Previous Topic: Create and format a word document from forms 6i
Next Topic: While connecting Forms 6i with Oracle 9i database, Forms stop working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:00:15 CDT 2024