Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem about using Oracle Form 6i to connect Oracle Database 10g express
Problem about using Oracle Form 6i to connect Oracle Database 10g express [message #526127] Sat, 08 October 2011 10:40 Go to next message
programmingnewbiee
Sorry to interrupt all of you.

I have encountered a problem about using Oracle Form 6i to connect Oracle Database 10g express.

As I would like to

I use Oracle Net8 Easy Config to create a connection.

According to "tnsnames.ora", the parameter of connection is as follows;

XE =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = XE))
)

Unfortunately, when I use Oracle Net8 Easy Config to test the connection, an error message is prompted as follows:

Connecting....

The test did not succeed.
ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error

There may be an error in the fields entered
or the server may not be ready for a connection.
You can check the server and retry, or continue.

After I google it, I still have no idea how to solve the problem. I would like to ask, could anyone mind providing some hints or solution to address the issues.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2011 10:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem about using Oracle Form 6i to connect Oracle Database 10g express [message #526131 is a reply to message #526127] Sat, 08 October 2011 12:57 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I may suggest (can't guarantee it'll work, though), forget about Oracle Net8 Easy Config. Steps should be as follows:
  • install both Oracle XE and Forms 6i
  • in order to access your XE database, Forms have to know where to find it. By default, Forms looks into its own TNSNAMES.ORA file. As it can't find XE in there, it is unable to connect.
  • if you don't plan to install additional Oracle software onto your computer, the simplest way would be to simply copy XE's TNSNAMES.ORA into Forms' directory that contains TNSNAMES.ORA (that would most probably be Forms6i_home\network\admin directory)
  • if you try to connect Forms to XE, I hope it'll be a success now. If not, do come back and say so.
  • if you plan to install additional Oracle software (which will also have its own TNSNAMES.ORA), you'd better go with TNS_ADMIN system variable. For some more information, check this.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2011 12:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: While connecting Forms 6i with Oracle 9i database, Forms stop working
Next Topic: Sending e-mail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:01:44 CDT 2024