Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton (in this button use POST after that the entered data is saved.)
in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529301] Mon, 31 October 2011 00:24 Go to next message
pradauman
Dear all.
In INSERT mode in enter some field which is necessary for call another form before opening new form
POST; CALL_FORM('GEN_F003',HIDE,DO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY,PL_ID);

then i found my entered data saved but how do'not understand.

any help me how this is happened.

thanking all.

regards,

pradauman
Re: in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529303 is a reply to message #529301] Mon, 31 October 2011 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Might be because of POST.
Re: in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529308 is a reply to message #529303] Mon, 31 October 2011 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pradauman
Dear all,
When fire WHEN-button-press then first validate mandatory field (this for few field not whole)and then if validate successfully pass then use POST
then after CALL_FORM('GEN_F003',HIDE,DO_REPLACE,NO_QUERY_ONLY,PL_ID);

then i check in test database server there is no commit process but when i check in live database server then, same test process follow then i found data entered into the database.
i write validation for all mandatory field on save process but not fired.

kindly suggest me which point differ.

regards,

pradauman

Re: in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529345 is a reply to message #529303] Mon, 31 October 2011 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pradauman
Dear Littlefoot,
i understand what u say but this happen in live database server only not in test database server. I totally surprise when in live server save the data before save button press.

kindly suggest me what happened.

regards

pradauman
Re: in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529401 is a reply to message #529345] Mon, 31 October 2011 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
COMMIT saves data into the database permanently. So, if data is saved and you can see it from another session, it means that form - somehow - did commit. POST would make these data visible in the same session, but nobody else would see it.

If it behaves differently in a test and production databases, then you might be running two different forms.

So, create something visible on a canvas (so that you'd be sure it is the form you expected). You might also run it in debug mode in order to see what it exactly does.
Re: in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529473 is a reply to message #529401] Tue, 01 November 2011 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pradauman
Hi,

when i m using POST THEN CALL_FORM();
THEN
PRE_INSERT and POST_INSERT FIRED.

IN PRE_INSERT
i use insert command.
generate code and id.
and last assign value in two field.

my question is when close called form then ON COMMIT and when-form-navigate fired or not.

regards

pradauman
Re: in INSERT mode when enter some field and the i press botton [message #529519 is a reply to message #529473] Tue, 01 November 2011 12:25 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't quite understand the question, but I'd (again) suggest you to run the form in debug mode.
Previous Topic: How to open pdf files using forms 6i
Next Topic: find path in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 12:54:47 CDT 2024