Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to attach usb scanner with Oracle forms (Oracle Forms 6i, Win XP)
how to attach usb scanner with Oracle forms [message #529581] Wed, 02 November 2011 01:12 Go to next message
new_oracle2011
Is there any way to connect any scanner to the Form 6i. Before someone made Fujitsu scanner Fi 5120C to work with Oracle form that if a button is pressed, the scanner will scan the document which is placed inside it and saved in DB in blob column. But now this scanner is obsolete and discontinue. I don't know how that programmer had done because I didn't find any huge coding behind that button except the HOST (default procedure) and an exe file.

PROCEDURE Do_Image (MailId IN arc_mails.mail_id%TYPE,
										IMode	 IN VARCHAR2) IS
  DepName	  VARCHAR2(100);
  FNServer	VARCHAR2(100);
  FNUser		VARCHAR2(30);
  FNPasswd	VARCHAR2(30);
  OPasswd		VARCHAR2(20);
  CnStr			VARCHAR2(20);
  cmnd_text	VARCHAR2(200);
  strLang		VARCHAR2(2);
BEGIN
  SELECT office_docclass, office_fnserver
  INTO   DepName, FNServer
  FROM   arc_office;

OPasswd := GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(PASSWORD);
  CnStr   := GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(CONNECT_STRING);
  IF CnStr IS NULL THEN
  	 CnStr := CONST_PKG.CNString;
  END IF;
  FNUser  := CONST_PKG.FNUser;
  APP_USR.passwd('FNET',USER,FNUser,FNPasswd);
  IF IMode = 'S' THEN
     COMMIT_FORM;
  END IF;
  IF NAME_IN('GLOBAL.Language') = CONST_PKG.ArabicLang THEN
  	 strLang := CONST_PKG.ArabicLang_c;
  ELSE
  	 strLang := CONST_PKG.LatinLang_c;
  END IF;
  cmnd_text := 'DiwanRetrival.exe '||USER||','||OPasswd||','||CnStr||','||FNUser||','||
               FNPasswd||','||FNServer||','||MailId||','||DepName||','||strLang||','||IMode;
  HOST(cmnd_text);

END;

Please have a look on the code

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2011 01:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to attach usb scanner with Oracle forms [message #529590 is a reply to message #529581] Wed, 02 November 2011 02:07 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No idea, sorry. You might search the Forms forum for "serial scanner" - maybe you'll find something useful. I remember that people (now and then) tried to connect different devices to a serial port - even if you don't find the solution posted in a topic, you might still contact these people (via private messages or e-mails, if they allow it).
Previous Topic: frm-47012 Cannot add parameter PURORDERNO
Next Topic: Procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:07:06 CDT 2024