Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Cursor Navigation (Forms 6i)
Cursor Navigation [message #530164] Sat, 05 November 2011 10:02 Go to next message
sivaora
I have 2 blocks in a Form and i have mandatory items in both the blocks. both blocks items are placed on a single canvas.

Now i want to navigate from one item to another specific item. So i wrote go_item('block_name.item_name') in key_nxt_item trigger for each item.

But the cursor is not navigating between the items as specified in triggers.
(If the items are not mandatory navigation is fine).
So how to do it even the fields are mandatory.
Re: Cursor Navigation [message #530169 is a reply to message #530164] Sat, 05 November 2011 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You can't; if the item is required, then there must be a reason why is that so. If you don't care about it, don't make it required.

Anyway: did you consider rearranging items on the canvas so that the natural navigation would follow the one you are trying to enforce programatically? Also, note that items (in their Property Palette) have an option to set "Previous/Next navigation item" - maybe you could use that property.
Re: Cursor Navigation [message #530187 is a reply to message #530169] Sun, 06 November 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sivaora
No, i required all that items are mandatory.
I re arranged the itmes on canvas already in the required order but it is not moving properly.
And i already set the Previous navigation item and next navigation item but no use.
Re: Cursor Navigation [message #530192 is a reply to message #530187] Sun, 06 November 2011 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If that's the case, I'd say that it was you who didn't do it properly.
Re: Cursor Navigation [message #530281 is a reply to message #530192] Mon, 07 November 2011 08:24 Go to previous message
joy_division
Or just enforce it at time of saving, with a lot of IF statements.

It is just plain poor design to have all fields required and then jump from block to block. As you see, Oracle will not allow you to do what you want to do, and for good reason I would think.
Previous Topic: To Restrict Record Deletion
Next Topic: Navigation issue when changing the values in field oracle forms 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 12:56:39 CDT 2024