Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ORA- 00933 when calling a report from a form
ORA- 00933 when calling a report from a form [message #530517] Tue, 08 November 2011 13:44 Go to next message
Hometown
I have added a text field on forms 6i which calls reportAfter adding the new field called "appeal_name" it gave me the desired result for two three times and somehow after that it started to throw this error

ORA- 00933. I did try to find solution on the web and was given the hint that this occurs due to space or indentation in the coding. I have used Ltrim and Rtrim to remove any space when I added the text field "appeal_name", Following code has been added
	if
		upper(ltrim(rtrim(:appeal_name)))!='ALL' then
		where_cond:=ltrim(rtrim(where_cond))||' and upper (tbl_donation.appeal_code)='''||:blk_hsbt.appeal_code||'''';	
	elsif :appeal_name is null then
		where_cond:=ltrim(rtrim(where_cond))||' and tbl_donation.appeal_code is null';
	end if;

Regards

[SPLIT from an unrelated topic by LF]

[Updated on: Wed, 09 November 2011 00:05] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: ORA- 00933 when calling a report from a form [message #530535 is a reply to message #530517] Wed, 09 November 2011 00:08 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This "hint" applies to ORA-00933 in Forms, but it doesn't mean that it is the only cause. What about the rest of causes and suggested actions?
Oracle

ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

Cause: The SQL statement ends with an inappropriate clause. For example, an ORDER BY clause may have been included in a CREATE VIEW or INSERT statement. ORDER BY cannot be used to create an ordered view or to insert in a certain order.

Action: Correct the syntax by removing the inappropriate clauses. It may be possible to duplicate the removed clause with another SQL statement. For example, to order the rows of a view, do so when querying the view and not when creating it. This error can also occur in SQL*Forms applications if a continuation line is indented. Check for indented lines and delete these spaces.

So, how does the statement look like? The easiest way to show it is to create an item on the screen and put the whole statement in there. Copy/paste it over here (if you can't fix it by yourself).
Previous Topic: plx not creating
Next Topic: Could not reserve record (2 tries), keep trying?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 13:05:48 CDT 2024