Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » combo box problem when running form using JRE (oracle forms 10.1.2.0.2, JRE 1.6)
combo box problem when running form using JRE [message #536296] Tue, 20 December 2011 03:25 Go to next message
nasir_mughal
Hi,

There are four forms in my form application they each have one list item with type as combo box. They are working fine when i run them using Oracle jinitiator.

When trying to run forms using JRE, When i try to open form the browser and form application stop responding. And i need to restart application.

But if i change the list item's type to popup list. Then forms are working fine even using JRE.

Can anyone help me, As i need to use JRE to run application. And need combo box in my forms as well.

Thanks in advace

[Updated on: Tue, 20 December 2011 03:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: combo box problem when running form using JRE [message #536309 is a reply to message #536296] Tue, 20 December 2011 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Have you had a look on my oracle support?
They may have a patch for it.
Re: combo box problem when running form using JRE [message #536312 is a reply to message #536309] Tue, 20 December 2011 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nasir_mughal
I don't have licensed sofware. I think i need to have licensed software to download patch. Can you help me?

[Updated on: Tue, 20 December 2011 04:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: combo box problem when running form using JRE [message #536368 is a reply to message #536296] Tue, 20 December 2011 08:09 Go to previous message
joy_division
nasir_mughal wrote on Tue, 20 December 2011 04:25
Hi,

There are four forms in my form application they each have one list item with type as combo box. They are working fine when i run them using Oracle jinitiator.

When trying to run forms using JRE, When i try to open form the browser and form application stop responding. And i need to restart application.

But if i change the list item's type to popup list. Then forms are working fine even using JRE.

Can anyone help me, As i need to use JRE to run application. And need combo box in my forms as well.

Thanks in advace

This is actually a known bug when there is a combobox. I just converted mine to LOVs because when I made them poplists, some other functionality didn't work.

There is a missing method or class (sorry, not a java person) in OAS previous to version 10.2.something. you will also need JRE at least version 1.6.18.

do a search on google for jre combobox error and you will find the exact version of OAS and a full description of the problem.
Previous Topic: Sql Loader Problem
Next Topic: form6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 26 01:00:18 CDT 2024