Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i (Oracle 10g Forms 6i Windows XP/7)
How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #536466] Wed, 21 December 2011 01:25 Go to next message
ashussain

Hello Experts,

Sorry to disturb you. I am having Forms with background image on the canvas. now my problem is, how can i set a text item to be transparent so that the background image can be seen as clear as when there is no text item on it. Please help me to solve this problem ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #536475 is a reply to message #536466] Wed, 21 December 2011 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
We discussed it several days ago; it appears that you can't do that (or, at least, we don't know the way).
Re: How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #537226 is a reply to message #536475] Tue, 27 December 2011 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mudabbir

Propapbly when you run the form you can check if there is any value returned in that particular field. If not then make in Invisible.

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY ('TEXT_FIELD',VISIBLE ,PROPERTY_FALSE);

Re: How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #537401 is a reply to message #537226] Wed, 28 December 2011 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashussain

Hello Mr. Mudabbir

I'm afraid u did not understand my point. I want to show the content of the item but it must be Transparent (see through).

You are advising to make it invisible, how come it would be. then totally that will disappear from the Form

Hope I've clarified my point.
Re: How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #537482 is a reply to message #537401] Wed, 28 December 2011 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
As Littlefoot said above, you can't.
Re: How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #567062 is a reply to message #536466] Sun, 23 September 2012 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandeepgujje
Hi,
Hope you have solved your problem..

I have achieved the same using display item's prompt text,

like,

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DISPLAY_ITEM', PROMPT_TEXT, 'WELCOME TO THE APP');
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DISPLAY_ITEM', WIDTH, 0);
SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('DISPLAY_ITEM', HEIGHT, 0);

If you make width and height as 0, the item will not be visible on the canvas, but you can able to see its prompt.. which is having transparency..
Re: How to set a text item transparent in Forms 6i [message #567101 is a reply to message #567062] Mon, 24 September 2012 04:03 Go to previous message
ashussain

First of all Thank you very much for posting a reply to my long back message.

Coming to the point, I am afraid you didn't get my idea. I want to make only the "Text-item" transparent, not hiding it. Its label any how will be transparent only.

By using your suggestion, its hiding the "Text-item" and showing its label, instead of making the "Text-item" itself transparent.

No, I didn't solve this problem, but for the time being left it, as the Senior Member of our orafaq community, Littlefoot advised its not possible.

Thanks a lot again!
Previous Topic: Oracle db 11g via Form6i
Next Topic: oracle form 6i for win 7 64 bit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 21:21:27 CDT 2024