Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » In date column date and month are printing (11-may) but year is not printing in the report (Oracle business intelligence discoverer 11g)
In date column date and month are printing (11-may) but year is not printing in the report [message #686148] Thu, 23 June 2022 08:33 Go to next message
pa23van876
Hi All,

In one of the requested date column date and month are printing (11-may) but year is not printing in the report, but
other date columns are also there in that column dates,month,year is printing fine like (11-may-2022), only in one of the requested date column it is not printing the year. Any settings needs to be done in oracle discoverer 11g??.

please anyone provide the solution

Thanks in advance.
Re: In date column date and month are printing (11-may) but year is not printing in the report [message #686152 is a reply to message #686148] Thu, 23 June 2022 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use Discoverer, but - in Reports Builder, you'd set format model for that column in order to display its value the way you want it. In your case, that would be dd-mon-yyyy.

On the other hand, if the "source" of Discoverer's output is a query, then check whether someone already set that column's date format using the TO_CHAR function, e.g.
select ename, job, sal, 
  to_char(hiredate, 'dd-mon') as hiredate       --> this
from emp
Re: In date column date and month are printing (11-may) but year is not printing in the report [message #686155 is a reply to message #686152] Mon, 27 June 2022 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pa23van876
Thanks for that @Liitlefoot

but other than to_char any settings that we can do in Discoverer 11g only ?

Re: In date column date and month are printing (11-may) but year is not printing in the report [message #686156 is a reply to message #686155] Mon, 27 June 2022 11:58 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As I said, I don't use Discoverer.

So, if you checked two options I mentioned:
- whether it (the Discoverer) lets you specify format model and
- tried TO_CHAR
but none of these helped, I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas.

I remotely remember that we (OraFAQ) have had member who knows that tool, but I don't remember who it was so ... I can't really suggest that you should wait a little bit longer for someone else to reply, because such a chance is rather poor (at least, I think so). Perhaps you should try with OTN forums, here: https://community.oracle.com/tech/developers/discussion/116081/queries-on-discoverer-oracle-reports
Previous Topic: REP-3335 Error
Next Topic: Oracle 12c report call showing Oracle SSO in blank page and not Showing Report.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:45:37 CDT 2024