Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » insert value in detail block after selecting the master block (form 6i)
insert value in detail block after selecting the master block [message #687311] Sun, 19 February 2023 01:45 Go to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
i have master detail form. which contain master block and detail block.when i insert record in detail block the master record should be highlighted.
please check the attached file.
i am using this code in when new record instance.

if :bkk_dett.bksno = :bkk_det.bksno then
	  go_block('BKK_DET');
	  set_item_instance_property('bksno',current_record,'VA');
	  set_item_instance_property('bkclass',current_record,'VA');
end if;
/forum/fa/14690/0/
  • Attachment: qqq.png
    (Size: 70.56KB, Downloaded 1993 times)
Re: insert value in detail block after selecting the master block [message #687313 is a reply to message #687311] Mon, 20 February 2023 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Two objections.

If you first GO_BLOCK (to detail block) and then want to modify master block's properties then CURRENT_RECORD doesn't point to master, but detail record so I'd say that SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY should go first, and GO_BLOCK next.

Status line shows that there was and error in WHEN-NEW-BLOCK-INSTANCE trigger. That might prevent some other code to be executed so ... fix that error.
Re: insert value in detail block after selecting the master block [message #687859 is a reply to message #687311] Tue, 04 July 2023 05:07 Go to previous message
azamkhan
You can also use current record attribute on master block for high lighting current navigated record.
Previous Topic: Reports in pdf format generated in server but don't open in local machine
Next Topic: Language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:34:49 CDT 2024