Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » exporting questionable statistics
exporting questionable statistics [message #72852] Tue, 18 November 2003 03:30 Go to next message
Natraj
Hi friends,
while doing export I am getting a error messageexporting questionable statistics.. although after importing my table data seem to be ok, i want to know the real reason . I want to get away with this error message during export.. its something to dow ith nls_settings... kindly help
To export non-questionable statistics, change the client character set or NCHARSET to match the server, how do we change the client character set?? pls let me know This answer!!

Regards Natraj
Re: exporting questionable statistics [message #72853 is a reply to message #72852] Tue, 18 November 2003 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
export in 9i will try to export the statistics on the datbaseobjects also.
so u get such a message when there are some issues with statistcs.
try 
exp username/password ... statistics=none -- with export, no stats is exported.

but if you intend to keep the statistics, then
The statistics are recalculated at import since they are defined as     questionable at the end of the export, due to a client character set    different from the server character set. 

in this case set your NLS_LANG accordingly in the client and use statistics = compute / safe during import.

Re: exporting questionable statistics [message #72855 is a reply to message #72853] Wed, 19 November 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Natraj
hi mahesh thanks for the reply, tell me wat does statistics exactly compute? wat is the use of statistics...
how to set the nls_lang... it s value is just american.. how do i change it to al16utf16...
while doing export i get message
Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
server uses UTF8 character set (possible charset conversion)i need to change my server to use al16utf16
Re: exporting questionable statistics [message #72857 is a reply to message #72855] Wed, 19 November 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you no need to set NLS_LANG unless u want to have stats.
NLS_LANG is the env variable.
in windows set it from mycomputer/properties 
in unix
NLS_LANG=....
export NLS_LANG

set the value of NLS_LANG in the client side, which should match the serverside.

Re: exporting questionable statistics [message #72938 is a reply to message #72857] Thu, 18 December 2003 20:38 Go to previous message
Natraj
How to set NLS_lang from my comp , properties, shud i create a new env variable? pls give the steps.
Previous Topic: Exporting/Importing Data from Oracle
Next Topic: Urgent please ! Full parameter to do a full commandline export in 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 12:04:27 CDT 2024