Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Best Practices for temporary tablespace(s)
Best Practices for temporary tablespace(s) [message #72861] Wed, 19 November 2003 08:57 Go to next message
padma
Hi All,

I am an oracle developer and I am trying to understand the management of temporary tablespaces.
Our's is a data warehouse environment. We have only one temporary tablespace that is used by all the users and also the applications. As per my understanding we cannot put quotas for temporary tablespace.

How can one prevent one bad query from bringing down the other running applications?

Can one create more than one temp tablespace and allocate them between applications and users?

What are the best practices?

Thanks in advance.

Padma
Re: Best Practices for temporary tablespace(s) [message #72862 is a reply to message #72861] Wed, 19 November 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you can have more than one temp tablespace.
Re: Best Practices for temporary tablespace(s) [message #72901 is a reply to message #72861] Fri, 05 December 2003 05:03 Go to previous message
naveen dutt
Hi padma,
temporary tablespace is allocated to users so if any sorting operation done my user that will be on temporary tablespace so one user had only one temporary tablespace allocated and you can create more than one temporary tablespace and allocate those temproray tablespace to specific users;

If you can write the query in such a way that it doesnot requrire temporary tablespace to do the sorting operations.

Naveen Dutt
Previous Topic: Import Problem
Next Topic: Is it true...about export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 11:43:57 CDT 2024