Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Test database setup
Test database setup [message #72918] Thu, 11 December 2003 09:47
Sam
Hi,
The requirement is to setting up test data setup for testing different category of test scenario.
I need to create 3 oracle utilities.
1. CREATE TEST DATABASE - BASE DATA UPLOAD UTILITY( Create database with appropriate start data that is good to commence the test from production database). This is for creating initial database. Assume that i knew the tables data need for initial setup
2. TEST DATA BACKUP AND RESTORE UTILITY(During testing, at some logical point, they want to take backup of the database, in case if the subsequent test fails or some other reason, they want to restore the database from back up)
3. CREATE PRODUCTION DATA UPLOAD UTILITY (For testing few scenarios we need a transaction data from production DB, we have arrived a set of SQLs to select the data from production database. Basically need to get the data from production and put in test database based on query or from relevant tables)

It would be great if you could tell me some approach, methods, or tools to create these utilities. or if you have any scripts to do that also great, Any itea on this is greatly appreciated

Regards
SAM
Previous Topic: import
Next Topic: Importing again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 12:15:19 CDT 2024