Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to connect with database from Form Builder
Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #124880] Wed, 22 June 2005 00:51 Go to next message
Avra
Hi,

I have installed Oracle9i and Developer6i on WindowsXP(SP2). I am able to connect with Oracle from SQL Plus. But I am not able to connect from Form Builder. I am getting the error stating "ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve service name".I am attaching the printscreen of the error. Pls help...

Thanks...

Avra
  • Attachment: error.doc
    (Size: 81.00KB, Downloaded 2125 times)
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #124885 is a reply to message #124880] Wed, 22 June 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
When you say Oracle9i I assume that this is the database. Is this correct?

David
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #124887 is a reply to message #124880] Wed, 22 June 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weekend79

Dear Avra

You might won’t gat proper response here for this problem. Because this is not the place to discuss that type of problems.

Go to the following location of this site.

Home » Platforms » Windows & DOS

There is no need to post a new topic for this problem as this problem is already discussed in detail in number of topics on above location.

Personally I never ever succeed to run any version of forms on any version XP and same is the experience of all my buddies. But some people at above location’s topic claims that they are successfully running forms on XP.

So you can chance/try your luck.
If you succeed, please remember to teach me the magic too.

Best Wishes
Jawad
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #124908 is a reply to message #124885] Wed, 22 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avra
hi David... U r right.. I mean to say Oracle9i Database

Avra
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #124912 is a reply to message #124908] Wed, 22 June 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Hi AVRA,
You said that you are able to connect Oracle through SQL Plus. It means your tnsname.ora file is configured properly as for as the database is concerned but it is not configured for the forms and reports etc...
The solution is just copy your tnsnames.ora file from where you have installed the Oracle Database and paste this file where you have installed the forms.

e,g:
I have tnsname.ora file here in my pc for Database
D:\oracle\ora92\NET80\ADMIN\tnsname.ora

And for Developer, I have the same file here in my pc
C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsname.ora

I'm also using Oracle 9i and forms 6i.

In my case, if I get this problem, I'll simply copy tnsname.ora file from my first location to the second location i.e:
from D:\oracle\ora92\NET80\ADMIN\tnsname.ora
to C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\tnsname.ora

ALso check this file here,

http://saadatahmad.freeservers.com/cgi-bin/i/images/tnsnames.GIF

I hope this will solve the problem.
Regards
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #124914 is a reply to message #124912] Wed, 22 June 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

I'm sorry.....you also wrote that you have SP2.
SP2 has a very tight security and a firewall exists which if enabled, you can get his problem.
So check if you have firewall enabled. If yes then disable this first and you'll be able to connect to database from developer.
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #125057 is a reply to message #124912] Thu, 23 June 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avra
thanks a lot... it has worked.. thanks...

avra
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #125064 is a reply to message #124887] Thu, 23 June 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avra
hi.. i m able tu run Developer6i on WinXP platform successfully.. Follow the steps given by saadatahmad in this discussion.. I think u also be able to run Developer6i on WinXP platform

njoy...avra
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #141321 is a reply to message #124912] Sat, 08 October 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
divsree
In this I copied the database tnsora file to Oracle developer tnsora file.

it is working now..
so.. it must be from D: to C:.. rite?

[Updated on: Sat, 08 October 2005 22:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #417484 is a reply to message #124880] Sun, 09 August 2009 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
khalidyani

yes that's it thanks a lot dear its working now
Re: Unable to connect with database from Form Builder [message #417498 is a reply to message #124880] Sun, 09 August 2009 22:41 Go to previous message
sharjeelshafqat

Hi AVRA,
If you are properly connecting from sql then its mean connectivity between your oracle developer and oracle database is not properly configured. so check this file and paste this sysntax

suppose you have installed oracle developer on D drive then
D:\DevSuiteHome\NETWORK\ADMIN\TNSNAMES.ORA

SUBHRA =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = sharjeelpcname)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVER = DEDICATED)
(SERVICE_NAME = SUBHRA)
)
)

just paste this in your developer tnsnames.ora file at the end.
and replace sharjeelpcname with your pcname.

I hope this will solve the problem.
Regards
Previous Topic: frm-40501
Next Topic: code for username and password in forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:42:02 CDT 2024